Location: No Information
Born: No Information
Profession: data holder
Alias: The Force
member title: Admin
gif image: http://i.imgur.com/Rn6jS3B.jpg
face claim: n/a
theme song: No Information
Joined: 24-September 15
Last Seen: Dec 8 2017, 02:04 AM
Local Time: No Information
173 posts (0.2 per day)
( 49.01% of total forum posts )
Feb 3 2017, 02:44 AM
the way we have things set up here with different WRITER & CHARACTER accounts, there is bound to be mix-ups with posting under certain profiles. So this is to help all of us.
- Your Writer Account
- Your Writer account is your Primary and OOC account used for collective data storage of all of your OOC chatter, roleplay planning & Lore submissions. You are required to have one. As this is your primary account, it should not be synced to any other profiles (as it would defeat the purpose of a primary account).
- Your Character Account(s)
- Your Character account(s) are your Secondary and IC account(s) used for Posting in RP's. You are required to have a character account for each character bio you have. It's the only way that character can RP on the board. ALL Character accounts must be linked to a Primary account. Character accounts are created the same as a Writer Account.
- Linking Character Accounts to your Primary Account
- Linking can be done via the User Control Panel (my controls). Go to the Menu sidebar in your control panel and locate the Personal Profile section. Locate the Edit Sub-Accounts link and click on it. You should see the words "Link an existing account" in the center page with two text boxes below, one with Account Username and Account Password. Fill those boxes out with the required information and click the Link this Account button. Voila! Your Character has been linked to your primary account.
- I've Linked my accounts, how does the posting work now?
- Given how Jcink is set up, and the more recent change of how they've worked in their account posting methods, they've made it much easier for members with multiple accounts to post without the need of actually switching accounts constantly. When you are making a post there are but a few elements one ever really concerns themselves with
-- Topic Title -- (when starting a topic)
-- Topic Description -- (when starting a topic)
-- Topic Text Body (enter your Post) -- (when starting or replying to a topic)
Yeah, we are all familiar with those three, they're unimportant for this, but I'm including them for reference (it's just coming up soon, I promise). Anyways, back to how you post from a linked account while still logged in to your primary...
When you scroll down past the Topic Text Body (enter your Post) portion of a post creation, past the post options & icons you come to a small section entitled Post as user with the option of Select sub-account author.... Simply click on the drop down list and select the character account you are looking to post with.
Don't get that confused with what I'm about to tell you. When you don't need to use a character account -- outside of RP -- don't bother selecting a sub-account author, because it automatically posts as your primary (as any forum would).
- I've mis-posted either under my writer or character account(s), can I fix this?
- Absolutely. Just go back and edit your post (Not via the quick edit, but FULL EDIT). Go back to the select sub-account author option and pick the correct author you wish to have posted with. When you are finished click the Submit Modified Post Option.
For example on this last one, I posted this topic while in my Nerf Herder (since deleted & defunct) username (as I fully intended to). To show how this works, I simply changed the account author to The Force (my current staff/writer account), to show that this can indeed be done and should a similar situation arise in an RP, one doesn't have to delete posts instead they can simply edit the post author.
Guide written by Hank of SW:DW
Feb 3 2017, 02:37 AM
This topic is to make clear tagging for topics, and what said tags entail when using them. When it comes to using topic tags, you may put them either in the topic title or description, as long as it gets tagged. Although if you don't tag, just be sure everyone knows what type of topic it is, which can easily be done by making some sort of rp discussion thread in the rp discussion area.
[FACTION] -- Replace "FACTION" with your designated faction
-- The faction tag allows for only members of that particular faction to post in that thread. Special circumstances for entry may apply with this tag, but you will need to take them up with the thread creator.
-- The public tag allows everyone on the board to participate in your thread.
-- The private tag allows only people you have invited to participate in your thread.
- The dominion tag is used only in threads to gain new or unoccupied planets for a faction. A dominion tag can only be used by a faction leader.
-- To earn a dominion: 50 posts.
-- double dominion (two factions - one planet), first to 100 posts in their topic wins the planet.
- The invasion tag is used only in threads to takeover a planet owned by a faction. In order to begin an invasion you must have approval from both faction leaders (of said factions involved) and at least 5 persons per faction involved (preferably 5v5 or greater equal number). An invasion may only be started by a faction leader.
- The event tag is used only in threads for a galaxy-wide event. The primary event "kick-off" thread will be started by a member of staff. All secondary event threads may be started by a faction leader.
-- All event threads may be created within a certain allotment of time.
- The duel tag is used only in a duel between two characters.
- The campaign tag is used only in a series of threads where a faction has some agenda they wish to accomplish in a short amount of time. Campaigns may include faction, public, private, and dominion sub-tags. Special circumstances may allow event-campaigns, but will require staff approval. Campaigns may only be started by a faction leader or faction leader approved writers. When creating a campaign, please contact a staff member with what you are planning to do, and we will give you an allotted amount of time to complete as many of the campaign tasks as you can.
-- Campaigns have varying, but set time limits for what is needed to be completed.
Guide written by Hank of SW:DW
Jan 27 2017, 06:58 PM
The Playable Factions of SW:TRS
The Galactic Republic
The Galactic Republic has remained the ruling government of the galaxy for more than 23 Thousand years. Throughout its existence, the state was commonly known as the Republic. The Galactic Republic was a representative democracy, composed of various star systems, sectors and member worlds throughout most of the known galaxy. Its central government consisted of three branches: legislative, executive and judicial. Throughout most of its history as the dominant galactic power, the Republic did not style itself as a strong centralized government, but rather as a union of sovereign planets for the purposes of collective security and economic prosperity. It is said that its complete history could "fill a thousand libraries."
The Jedi Order, and referred to as the Holy Order of the Jedi Knights
, was an ancient monastic peacekeeping organization unified by its belief and observance of the Force, specifically the light side. The Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in the Galactic Republic, and became the most famous of the various groups that relied on the Force for their power. Led by a series of Jedi Councils, the Order grew over the millennia despite facing many trials, most often threats from the Sith, wielders of the dark side of the Force.
Unified Mando'a Clans
Following their defeat at the end of the Mandalorian Wars, Revan stripped the Mandalorians of their armor and destroyed their stockpiles of weaponry, along with the war droids they'd ridden into battle upon. He also took the mask of Mand'alor, the relic that had been passed from one Mand'alor to the next and without it, a new leader could not be declared. With no Mand'alor, the Mandalorian clans fragmented and scattered throughout the Outer Rim.
Years after their defeat at the hands of Revan, The Mandalorians have once again been united under a new Mandalore, Mandalore the Preserver. They have based themselves on the Onderonian Moon of Dxun, but have begun to reclaim their planets, one planet at a time. While they have their own agenda it is not uncommon to find a Mandalorian working for other factions as something of a mercenary, as it it not prohibited (seeing as how Ordo himself did it for so long).
The Sith Triumvirate
The Sith Triumvirate was a loose alliance of what remained of Darth Revan's Sith Empire. It was solidified sometime after the Battle of Rakata Prime. This organization was made up of several, if not hundreds of Sith apprentices, Sith Masters, and, most importantly, Sith Assassins.
The Criminal Underworld
The Criminal Underworld consists of hundreds if not thousands of criminal syndicates, empires, and guilds. These are not necessarily allied with each other, but are considered the same by the rest of the Galaxy. Common positions in the Underworld consist of: Pirates, Smugglers, Mercenaries, Thugs, Crime Lords, Bounty Hunters, and Thieves, among many others.
There are two major criminal syndicates who have taken control of the Criminal Underworld and rule their portions of the galaxy with an iron fist. The oldest of these two syndicrulates are ruled by an ancient race of slugs known as the Hutt Criminal Empire. The second of these Syndicates is an infant in comparison to the Hutts, the Exchange. A
The Hutt Criminal Syndicate
Jan 27 2017, 07:31 AM
This is the plot tag to help organize your thoughts when creating plots. When posting a new plot or idea for a new plot, be sure to to always post the tag on the first post of the thread that you are creating. Without the plot tag, the Staff won't approve the plot.
Please copy the plot tag on the first plot post. Thank you.
[b][SIZE=6][font=Harrington]People:[/SIZE][/font][/b] (Other players characters that are going to participate on it.If personal, can be 1 character with other npcs. If Board-Wide, it must have atleast 5 or more characters from either one or more factions)
[b][SIZE=6][font=Harrington]Special Characters:[/SIZE][/font][/b](Who are the Special Character or NPC's needed for this plot? Do you need for the Staff to play a NPC character? If So, who?)
[b][SIZE=6][font=Harrington]Outline:[/SIZE][/font][/b] (Give a description on the plot. Be sure to give as detailed of an outline of your plot as possible. The more detail oriented, the more likely it is that the staff will sign off on a plot.)
[b][SIZE=6][font=Harrington]]Duration of the plot:[/SIZE][/font][/b] (estimated time. keep in mind that life happens, and things may slow done the plot once it is started)
1-2 weeks: short term
3-4 weeks: average term
5 & up: long term
[b][SIZE=6][font=Harrington]Preferred Starting Time:[/SIZE][/font][/b]( If for example you only want the plot to start in February you should say it here and so on.)
Jan 27 2017, 07:30 AM
* Your plot MUST have a plot tag. If you do not place the plot tag then your plot wont be approved, and will be deleted after a week. PERIOD.
* Please use the format of plot topics consistent. You shall give a descriptive title to the plot.
* Every individual plot requires its own topic. If you plan to develop your character powers or anything related to the character, like a marriage or death, it should always be done under an individual plot. Exceptions are if it happens on a Board Wide Plot or you have permission from one of the Staff.
* The plots are considered approved, once Two of the Staff members gives their approval.
* Be open to advice and opinions about your plot, and do not be afraid to discuss them with the Staff. We really don't bite...
*You will be assigned a plot date. All preparations must be finished by that date, and you may not start your plot before your assigned date.
* If your plot involves special characters or NPC and you are not playing them, ask another member to play them. You must know who is playing all of them before your plot can begin. Special Characters that are run by the staff (TBA soon) will not be allowed to be played by the members, instead need the approval before hand by the staff.
* Disrespect towards someone else's plot will NOT be tolerated at ALL. NO DISCUSSION about this issue.
* Do not make major changes to your plot that have not been approved first by the Staff.
* On the same note, do not add major components to the plot that have not been approved. You may PM the staff if you want components to be a surprise for the rest of the board, but there are no surprises for the staff.
* Post in your topic when your plot has ended.
* Use Common Sense about the number of people involved in your plot. Plots with a lot of people may get stuck waiting for everyone to post and last longer then you expected.
* A Board Plot is totally different then an individual plot and such you should always stipulate a maximum number of characters.
* Board Wide plots will be thought up/posted/and run by the staff. HOWEVER, the members are encouraged to give insight and suggestions on the plots. We suggest, that the members who wish to participate in these board-wide plots give their insight as the plots are posted.