Although this is the basis under which you start and build your faction the staff will review your faction application. The staff will review every aspect of your prospective faction and might require more from you. Be patient as these things take time. Thank you and happy roleplaying!
1. One player can only lead one faction at any time (not one character, one player). If that player starts another faction the previous faction is archived if a new leader is not found in one real life week.
2. A character who is a spy for one faction while being in another will have to have approval from both faction leaders and an admin.
3. Faction leaders are responsible for the actions of their faction members. Say that one of your members, let's call them Jimmy, wants to join the fight for Coruscant. Jimmy goes through the motions of the plan then finds a rocket launcher with a clear sight of an enemy tank. Yet Jimmy is just a pilot with no heavy weaponry experience. Jimmy fires the rocket launcher but has it on his shoulder backward. Sadly for you, your army just happens to be behind Jimmy...boom goes the army. Well guess what? You're responsible for Jimmy's actions. Your army is hurt and fiercely. Or say Jimmy pisses off a character during a diplomatic mission and the alliance falls apart. Well that's that. Jimmy may be a pr*ck but you have to accept their actions as yours since they represent you and your faction.
4. A major faction is classified as having the following: 10 active members/players (including the leader) and the equivalent of a sector of territory. The staff will interpret the size because not all territories are a part of a sector.
- 4a. A minor faction is classified as having the following: 3 active members/players (including the leader.)
5. Each starting faction begins with a total of 10,000 asset points to allocate as they see fit.
6. Any players that join your faction must go through a sign up process. This is so that the Faction Leaders can look over your profile and make suggestions/tweaks so that your character does not break the rules of the site.
7. Fanon technology. You have to go through the fanon creation process as shown and explained in the fanon boards. Depending on the complexity of the technology you may be required to do several roleplay threads on the technology. You will get points for each thread.
- 7a. In order for your faction to gain that technology the faction must have the means of manufacturing said technology.
- 7b. In order to continue having said technology for fresh troops you must maintain the activity of the manufacturing plant by mentioning it in a thread or roleplaying the manufacturing in a thread.
8. Invasions of planets or territory. Any invasions will be through a Dungeon Master. You must go here to apply for a Dungeon Master for your thread. If the planet is neutral (NOT controlled by a player led faction) you will only need your faction and a DM. If the planet is controlled by a faction you will need your faction, a DM and the opposing faction.
- 8a. In every battle you will need an established commander for your forces.
- 8b. The DM will control all NPCs outside of faction control. They will also control results of attempts made by the players during their moderation of the events of the invasion.
- 8c. If there is another faction involved that will need to be cleared with all faction leaders and the DM. The additional faction will also need an established commander.
- 8d. The commander of faction forces will be the one to organize all faction player activity and is responsible for faction activities in character and can not change what has already been posted.
- 8e. It is entirely possible to win, lose and draw in every battle, attempt or instance with taking over a planet with whichever method you use.
- 8f. The process and requirements will be dictated by the DM based off of various elements that will be explained here.
- 8g. Any disputes or issues will be first handled by the DM and if it is still not resolved then the admin staff will intervene and whatever they decide will be final.
9. Interactions between factions should be held diplomatically and adhere to the general rules of conduct, namely our first rule. Don't be a d*ck. Don't start flamewars, don't be a jerk, don't be stupid. The staff doesn't want to step into those so please don't do it.
10. Faction Growth will be approved by an admin, and only after the growth of a faction has been demonstrated through roleplay, missions, etc. All admin decisions on this matter are final.
This information was borrowed from Aaron at Star Wars: Evolution and altered with his permission. Thanks Aaron!!