26 JAN Happy Grand Opening!

Sean
Dallas
Trebaruna
Name - male
Name - female
Name - thread
credits
skin, mini profile, and CFS are by Ames of Shine. custom board structure script is by black of CODE.

Add Reply
New Poll

FAQ
The Datacron
 Posted: Jan 26 2017, 05:46 PM
Admin
n/a
Group Icon

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

GENERAL SITE HELP QUESTIONS

Q. WHERE CAN I GO FOR HELP?
A. Should you have need of any help, you may message a staff member through Personal Message or on the cbox. The staff are your source for information. If you cannot reach a staff member on the cbox, you may also post any questions that you may have in the questions section of the board, and a staff member will help you out as soon as they log on. Please give the staff up to 3 days to get back to your question, and remember to be patient since the staff has lives outside of this board as well. If a staff member has not responded within the 3 day span, you may gently prod a staff member on the cbox to get your answer.

Q. I'M NEW TO ROLE-PLAYING BUT I'D LIKE TO JOIN YOUR SITE. CAN I JOIN EVEN THOUGH I'M STILL NEW TO ROLE-PLAYING?
A. Although we cater more towards an intermediate to advanced level of role-player, we are willing to accept beginners if they are willing to learn and to progress. If you can accept positive criticism from the staff and are willing to learn from your mistakes, than we would be more than happy to have you join the site.

Q. I'VE SEEN MOST/ALL OF THE STAR WARS MOVIES, BUT I'M NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THIS ERA OF STAR WARS. HELP ME?
A. Our board is based around the Knights of the Old Republic games, and are based in The Old Republic Era of Star Wars, nearly 4000 years prior to the movies. For those who have not played any of the KOTOR games, we have added all the required reads for our members here. If you have any questions at all that aren't answered by reading the above posts, please pm a member of the staff and we'll be glad to help you out.

Q. WHAT SIZE DOES MY AVATAR AND SIGNATURE NEED TO BE?
A. Our Board has a preset size for all Avatars which is 250x350. Member Signatures can be as large as 500 px wide x 275 px high or smaller. Any images that stretches the board will be removed.

Q. WHAT IS ALLOWED IN MY SIGNATURE?
A. All OOC Accounts should have a link to each of the characters that they play listed in their signature. OOC Accounts may also have a signature tied to the account as well, but it is not necessary.
-All Character Accounts may have a signature with a pb of their character. They may also have a link to their character's they play in their signature as well but it is not necessary. Character Accounts may also use an inventory code placed under the signature as well. You can find the Inventory code here.

REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT QUESTIONS

Q. WHAT IS THE YOUNGEST AGE THAT A MEMBER MUST BE TO JOIN?
A. Although our site allows members who are as young as 13 years in age, we cater more towards members who are 16 and older. However we will allow younger members if they are willing to show the same level of maturity as the rest of our member base, and will work towards becoming a team member here on KOTOR-RPG. It is also JCINK's Terms of Services that all members are atleast the age of 13. We cannot accept anyone younger than 13, as per the JCINK rules, which means that even if you are two months from your 13th birthday we will not be able to accept you until the day you turn 13..

Q. DO I REALLY NEED TO REGISTER AN OOC "WRITER" ACCOUNT, OR CAN I JUST HAVE MULTIPLE CHARACTER ACCOUNTS LINKED TOGETHER?
A. As stated in the Site Rules, ALL members are required to register with an OOC "writer" account. This is to keep all IC and OOC chatter seperate, and to keep track of how many members we have. This may also become your staff account, should you be accepted as a member of the staff, and we prefer all staff and member accounts to have an alias, not a character name behind it.

Q. CAN I CHANGE MY USERNAME?
A. When it involves your OOC/Writer account name: Yes. As long as it remains non-vulgar in any way you may change it ONCE PER SIX MONTHS.
- When it involves your Character account name: Varies. Your character account name should be the FIRST and LAST name of the character you play on it. If it is not, you will need to change it to said character name.
-- All name change requests will be made here and approved or disapproved by a member of the Administration. Please give the staff up to three days to get to your request. Your request will be responded to with an approved/done or not approved with an explination for why it wasn't approved.

CHARACTER CREATION QUESTIONS

Q. WHERE CAN I FIND THE APPLICATION TEMPLATES, AND WHERE DO I POST MY TEMPLATE?
A. You can find our Character Application Templates here. Once you have chosen which template to use, you may either post the template in the Work in Progress section and work on it over time, or work on it slowly on your own computer. If you have a completed application, you may post it here. If you have posted your application in the Work-In-Progress section and have finished it, do not repost it in the completed section, simply post in the approval/critique request to get the ball rolling.

Q. I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR HTML TEMPLATES, IS IT A PER-REQUISITE THAT I USE ONE OR CAN I USE A STANDARD BBCODE ONE?
A. Yes, as these are the only templates made available to our members, it is required for our members to use the HTML templates. If we have enough request for a template using standard bbcode, we may add one, but until then we require all members to use the HTML code template provided.

Q. WHO CAN I ASK TO HELP ME WITH MY APP IF I HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE CODING?
A. Any member of the Staff will be glad to help with coding issues. However, if you have any serious questions, please contact our Coding/Graphics admin Dallas who can help you with the coding. If she is not available, you may also ask our PR admin Revanchist , or Our GM Kaay as well.

Q. I DON'T WANT TO PLAY A CANON, CAN I JOIN WITH AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER?
A. We allow both canon and Original character's to be played here. We just ask that you follow all Character Rules and Guidelines when maing your original character. Whether your original character uses the force or is non sensitive, we ask that you make your character as original as possible and not be a rip off of any star wars canon characters.

Q. CAN I MAKE MY CHARACTER AN ALIEN OR DROID?
A. Here on KOTOR-RPG we allow our members to play any character of their choosing, whethere it be a human, alien or even a droid so long is it fis not a species that is listed on our restricted list of species.. We ask that the face-claim used for any droids or alien characters fits to the character (for example: don't use the face of an actor for a rodian or twilek). The only droids allowed to be played here on KOTOR RPG are astromechs, assassins (HK series) or protocol droids..

Q. How old does my character have to be? Can I play character younger than that?
A. Due to JCINK hosting we ask that all members characters are atleast the age of 16 years old. We will not be able to accept any character's younger than this at this time. Q. IF I WANT TO PLAY A FORCE SENSITIVE BUT WITHOUT ANY TRAINING, CAN I STILL HAVE HIM TRAINED LATER IN THE ROLEPLAY?
A. We provide 3 choices for character's when you start the character application process - those being force sensitive, force trained, and non sensitive. We ask that you choose before you start the application whether you want your character to be sensitive to the force or not. If you decide to make a character who is non sensitive, he will not be able to be trained in the force later on, so be careful and choose wisely. However, if you choose the force sensitve option, he or she can always be trained later on.

Q. HOW MANY CANONS CAN I PLAY?
A. We have a limit of 2 Canons per member, unless otherwise noted.

Q. HOW MANY FORCE USERS CAN I PLAY?
A. You may play up to 6 Force Users in total, up to 3 in the two major Force Factions - Jedi & Sith. Independent Force Users and Force Sensitives count towards this.

Q.CAN I HAVE MY CHARACTER RELATED TO A CANON FROM THE STAR WARS MOVIES?
A. For the most part, Yes, we will allow relations to canons from the star wars movies. However, we are probihibiting any relations to the Skywalker Family, as per the choice of the staff.

Q. CAN I MAKE MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER A FAMILY MEMBER OF ONE OF THE BOARD CANONS?
A. That is up to the memberr that is playing the canon member who you want to have as a family member to your original character. Before you make your character a family member of the canon, check with the member who is playing said canon. If he/she gives you their approval than you may make your character a family member of that canon. If they do not give you their approval, than respect their wishes.

Q. WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I FINISH MY PROFILE?
A. Post in the Notification Thread when you're ready and you can role-play when you're approved. You will be required to make your Face-Claim and WHO's Who claims as well before your character is approved. Once these claims are made than a member of the staff will approve your character, or send a Personal-Message to your account with any required changes to your application. If you have a critique, please be sure to make those changes in a timely manner. Once you are finished, post once more in the notification thread (link posted above) to let the staff know it is ready again to be critiqued/approved. Should all the changes meet the approval of the staff your application will be approved.

Q. WHAT TYPE OF FACE CLAIMS ARE ALLOWED?
A. Although the staff recommend using a Real Life Face Claim for human characters such as: actors, singers and models; we do allow drawn pictures or CGI as well so long as the picture has appropriate proportions. For alien character's we allow any drawn characters or cosplay to be played. we allow our members to use original artworks from sites such as Deviantart as their face-claims. However, we cannot approve any watermarked images, images from an artist that doesn't want their art used, or images already in use. We will not allow any Anime or Manga images as face-claims.

Q. CAN I FACE-CLAIM MAJOR CHARACTER'S SUCH AS LUKE SKYWALKER OR DARTH VADER?
A. This will be left up to the discretion of the staff. Although we do not have a definite answer right now, we ask that you bring it up with the staff before using any of the major character's from the original movies. Major Characters include : Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Han Solo, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine.

Q. CAN I EDIT MY APPLICATION AFTER IT'S BEEN APPROVED?
A. Yes, once your application is approved you may edit it. To edit, simply click the edit button located on your character bio post. There are some special circustances regarding editing. All edits must be done in royalblue to show they are new additions. Edits can only be done once a roleplay has been completed & archived as such. A new reply in the thread must also be made with the new edits that were made.
-- The only sections allowed to be edited by members are : the Force Power(s), Lightsaber Forms, Masters/Apprentices, and History sections of the application. The other sections of the board may not be changed/altered after the application is approved.

ROLE-PLAYING QUESTIONS

Q. CAN I ROLEPLAY HERE IF I'M NEW TO STAR WARS?
A. Of course, you're welcome to join us in our adventure so long as you promise to have fun. You might have a lot of questions, most of which can be answered on Wookiepedia, and the staff are more than willing to help you along the way. We have also added a lot of information on this site for new members to read on subjects such as the force, and other aspects of Star Wars.

Q. WHAT IS YOUR SITE RATING?
A. We stay true to the star wars movie ratings, a soft PG-13 rating. We allow cursing to a certain level as well as violence. Any extreme level of swearing or violence that includes graphic gore will not be allowed. We also do not allow anything of a strong adult level (graphic nudity or sex) and require our members to use fade-to-black before any rp threads get to graphic. Because we may have members who are younger than 18 role-playing on this site we have decided that pg-13 is the best rating for this board.

Q. HOW DO BATTLES AND DUELS WORK ON YOUR SITE?
A. Any battles or duels that occur on this site will be done on a turn by turn basis. That means that each member will take be allowed to attack and defend on their turn. There will be no One-Hit kills or godmodding during battles or duels. Fighting is basically a matter of action and reaction. You state your actions and then wait for your opponents’ reaction. It is good not to do more than one or two actions in one post. When you fight it is especially important to take great care not to control the other persons actions. Fighting between two characters is rare and most fights will occur against NPC's. Also you should take great care not to Autokill an opponent.

Q. I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A RP THREAD BUT I DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO RP IT WITH. CAN I RP BY MYSELF?
A. We prefer that all RP threads that are started on KOTOR-RPG are started with atleast 2 members in a thread. However, if you have the permission from a staff member, than you are fine to rp by yourself.

Q. CAN I BE IN MULTIPLE THREADS AT ONCE?
A. We allow anyone playing here to be in multiple threads at a time. However to keep track of each, and for continuity purposes, we require that each member has a thread tracker to keep track of all their threads.

Q. HOW OFTEN SHOULD I POST? IS THERE A MINIMUM REQUIREMENT?
A. We aim to have players post at least once every couple of days or 2 times a week. Some post less but remember, if you are going to post slowly other people are not going to want to wait for you. So if you cannot post at least once every couple of days joining a slower moving thread would probably be best. We ask that you try to check in at least every 72 hours. If you are not going to be able to post in this time for some reasons please make a note in the Leave of Absences thread so that your fellow players are aware.

Q. HOW LONG SHOULD MY POST BE?
A. Most posts tend to be at least a paragraph long. Sometimes they are shorter but usually they are at least that long. We ask for no less than four sentences as a standard not counting quotes. Remember, that while not everyone can type up a 1000 word post, that you try to match the length and quality of your fellow co-rp'er.

Q. MY POST IS TOO SHORT! HOW CAN I MAKE IT LONGER?
A. To make posts longer I have found that it helps to add more description to a scene. You can talk about how the weather is, or what your character is thinking. Also people tend to forget about sounds which are great for beefing up your word count ( Ex."His boots echoed off the walls as he ran down the hall").

Q. I HAVE STARTED A THREAD WITH ANOTHER MEMBER, BUT HE/SHE HAS GONE INACTIVE OR HASN'T POSTED AT ALL THIS WEEK OR IN A WhILE EVEN THOUGH THEY'VE LOGGED ON. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
A. We all have had this happen to us, where another member has either gone inactive, left the board or has been to busy to post for us even though they've logged on throughout the week. We all want to scream and yell to get what we want, right? Please, don't go that route as it is considered very rude and may also be considered flaming as well if you choose to personally attack that said member. We recommend you send the other member a personal message letting them know that it is their turn. If the member is too busy to get back to you, just start another thread with someone else and let it go. Remember we all have lives outside the internet and sometimes our lives get very busy. Be patient, and remember to have fun.

OTHER QUESTIONS

- When Questions that aren't listed here are asked in the Questions section of the board, they will be added here with the answer to those questions, for future reference. -

Q.
A.

Q.
A.

Q.
A.

Q.
A.

PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Our Button

Static
Scrolling