26 JAN Happy Grand Opening!

Sean
Dallas
Trebaruna
Name - male
Name - female
Name - thread
credits
skin, mini profile, and CFS are by Ames of Shine. custom board structure script is by black of CODE.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Right under your Nose!, [Obs/Treb]
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 02:20 PM
Group Icon

Dantooine.

A very peaceful, tranquil place. The planet was populated by a handful of farming enclaves scattered along the countryside. Agriculture did not manage to transform the surface of the planet yet, so it remained largely pristine, its nature just as it was for many thousands of years. A tranquil... and very boring place.

Dia liked it here, non the less. If she were ever to settle down - this would be the place. She felt at peace when breathing this air, and hearing the wind rustle the leaves and grass. With the nature of her work, however, this was not going to happen too soon. The Twi'lek was making regular runs to Dantooine, lately. Her XS Light Stock Freighter was under a freighting contract, delivering necessary materials to the farmers and shipping out the products of their labor to the nearest planetary market.

This was the cover, at least.

In truth, the purpose for her visits was much more ... lucrative. She made a deal with one of the brigadiers at the docks, and he supplied her with a very rare merchandise that was found only on Dantooine, and a few other places in the galaxy. Kyber crystals. They were useful as jewelry, as power sources, and as religious and mystic items. The brigadier, named James, had a way of getting these, in small quantities. Dia did not know how, but it did not matter. Among the crates with vegetables, James transferred the merchandise to her ship. In turn, she transferred credits to one of his offshore accounts - every time a different one. Everything was oiled and slick.

Right now, she was talking to him, as the laborers moved the crates inside of her ship's cargo bay. It looked like small talk, but in truth it was filled with many codes and phrases, for secrecy's sake. The casual "How are you?" was an inquiry of how the operation proceeds. If there is no danger - James told her so. If not - the current deal was off, postponed until her next run. The pilot twi'lek stood out, wearing dark-blue and orange, while everyone around wore an unimaginative shade of ... green. She shook hands with her contact.

"Heya James. How's life been treating you?" - she asked, a small smile on her face. She liked the human, in a way. He was intelligent, and cautious. But not malicious in his endeavor, just like her. They were both just trying to make some money.

"Eh... been better, Dia. When I think I got it all under control, life keeps bringing me another problem to deal with, yknow? Some workers are morons." - the man shrugged casually. Dia's eyebrow quirked. It meant that the crates currently pushed into her ship had nothing but fruits and greenery in them. Something was off. She shrugged, accepting the fact.

"That's life for you. If it were so simple, you'd not have a job." - she chuckled, but wondered what was the reason for postponing the deal, regardless.

"Speaking of jobs, you might wanna look around. A Jedi been hanging around the place and the docks for about two weeks now, talking to any spacer passing by."

Now that was interesting. And a good reason as to why the deal was off. Jedi were very protective of their crystal caves. Any motion from their part meant that the operation had to be laid low, for now.

"Indeed? Unusual for the force cultists to involve themselves. Usually they stay in their self-centered alcove. Do you know what they were looking for?"

"Ehhh... not sure. Not exactly an eavesdropper. Maybe someone in Khoonda knows. better ask around!" - he shrugged. A curious smile appeared on Dia's face, she had always been one for secrets and mysteries. She had to find what this was all about. And make sure it was not involved with her or James.

"Oh, I will... Thank you."

With that, the Twi'lek left the brigadier and his workers to do the crate-loading, and traveled down one of the lanes leading to the small administrative building. The Khoonda. Hopefully, some answers were to be found there...
PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 03:42 PM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

It has been two weeks now. Two weeks that the Jedi Council in Coruscant , had appointed the princess as an ambassador and negotiator with a small, but powerful sect of Force-Sensitives in the Outer Rim.

With the danger of the Sith, the Order wanted to ensure they would not fall into the darkside. Unfortunately, they had not sent or could send a ship to take the princess there. Also the Council forbid her to use her Zeltron Royal Ship, which only pissed the Zeltron even some more.

Though, she did have a small ship as a Knight, it was being fixed since her last mission, it had taken a rough beating, from a meteor shower and a crash-landing.

For the past two weeks, Lux had been trying to rent a ship or pay for someone to take her to the planet. Today, she was doing another passing by. There were two ships, that hadn't been there yesterday. She talked with the owner of one of them, but the man simply told her that he was already busy.

Her last hope for the day, was the other ship owner. Sometimes The Force could have a very bad sense of humor.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 04:12 PM
Group Icon

Dia made it half-way towards Khoonda, when something made her look over her shoulder.

Maybe it was a hunch, or sixth sense, or she simply wanted to make sure nobody followed. Her gaze scanned the docks, for a moment, as she noticed someone in the distance. Someone new. From here, the Twi'lek was unable to see much, but a white head full of white hair certainly did attract attention in this sea of gray and green. She was circling around her ship, watching with interest.

The Jedi? Could be... certainly does not look like the rest of the workers...

Curious, Dia turned around, and made it back to the landing pads. She zig-zagged among the crates that were being moved back and forth, in order to reach the curiosity that peaked her interest so much. In so doing, she managed to find herself right behind the human. Or... she thought of it to be a human, for now. From behind it was hard to tell.

The outfit was peculiar. Slim, tight... Not unlike what Twi'leks would be wearing in order to attract gazes of others... Was it really a Jedi? She started doubting that. But what was certain was the female's attention to her ship. And she would soon be made aware of Dia's presence, as she tapped the stranger on the shoulder. Speaking in a small, quiet voice.

"Nice ship huh? She's mine. Hello."

PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 04:52 PM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

Lux had moved around the ship trying to find the owner, but it seemed that she wasn't having any luck. The woman sighted and was about to give up, when she felt a presence followed by words.

Turning around, Lux saw that the voice and the presence belonged to a female Twi'le. that said the ship was hers. Lux smiled as hope had been rekindled. "Hello. Greetings! I'm Lux Dawnstar and I would like to know if you are free for a small business conversation?" For a diplomat, Lux could be extremely blunt, when she was concerned with something. In this case she was concerned about completely failing her mission, as it had been two weeks now and she was still "trapped" in the planet.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 05:32 PM
Group Icon

Lux Dawnstar.

A peculiar name, then again, it made sense, in a way, for a Jedi to be named like that. Both the first and the last name had plenty of "light" in them. Like in a fantasy holovid. But the Twi'lek cast her musings about peculiarities of the human name aside. As she was not certain the female before her was even a human, now that she looked at her face. Or into her eyes, specifically. Purple was not a human color. Gazes crossed, just for a second, the purple fire of impatience against Dia's golden, tired eyes.

James' words were correct. The female indeed wanted something from every spacer in the port. But what?

"I am always looking to earn a couple more chips, if I can. My ship is being loaded with the most dull and droll cargo ever. I planned to spend a few days on this planet, for health's sake. But I suppose I can leave earlier."

The twi'lek walked past the white-haired female, and leaned unto one of the crates, alleviating some weight from her left leg before it would start aching again. She looked at Lux again, a small, knowing smirk appearing on her face.

"What do you wish to discuss, master Jedi?"
PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 08:56 AM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

Lux smiled, as the female told her that though she was getting some cargo in her ship and that she wanted to spend a few days on the planet, but that she wouldn't mind to win a few more chips. The Force was smiling at her and so Lux would compensate the woman.

The Jedi Knight and Princess , though the owner of a considerable fortune, she had set an account where she would accumulate some credits, to use when she was on Jedi Order mission. She disliked to feel obliged to "fake poverty" of the Order. Was one of the things that actually pissed her off. Lux personal ship was being fixed, but since that ship was tied to the Zeltron Royal House, the payment for the fix and update of the ship was going to be paid by the House, which meant that Lux had a couple of thousand credits, she could pay in missions.

"I am not a master. You can call me Lux. I actually prefer it. Treating me by Jedi, or whatever, makes things so unpersonal." The white-haired woman stated. "I need a go-and-back ride to a planet in the Outer Rim. I will pay all the expenses related with the ship and pay you 10.000 credits. If things do go well, I'll give you a bonus." Lux spoke again and this time grabbed her datapad. If the Twi'lek would agree, Lux would transfer the credits to the woman account.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 10:06 PM
Group Icon

A Jedi who did not want to be treated like a Jedi?

That was very interesting, and very unusual, among their lot. From what little Dia knew about the Order, they were supposed to be the exact opposite. What was the reason for this, she wondered. I should explore this... It sounds like it could be useful in the future... - she thought, but those thoughts remained to herself, sealed within the walls built around her mind. A small smile appeared on her face, as she nodded.

"Very well, Lux. I thought the Jedi ways were all about being unpersonal. You do not look like a monk, though. " - Dia remarked, as her expression became quizzical, for a second. She felt like she forgot something. Scanning through the conversation, she remembered what it was.

"Oh, my name is Dia, by the way." - the Twi'lek figured that she forgot to introduce herself. Fortunately, it was no big deal, as the scantily-clad Jedi offered her a job - a trip to the Outer Rim and back, with a healthy payment to back it up. 10,000 credits. And ship-related expenses covered. And a potential bonus. Any smuggler would've jumped at the chance without a second thought. Too much money. However, this Twi'lek was a different sort. She knew two truths about this universe - everyone wants something was the first truth. The second truth was that nobody is willing to pay more than an enterprise is worth. She whistled. But did not rush in to accept.

"Ten thousand credits is a lot of money. I've been extensively to the Outer Rim. Know almost every planet out there. Where are we going?"

The Jedi wouldn't pay that money if it were an ordinary planet run. The place likely entailed something dangerous, as it was often the case with the Jedi. For a bunch of monks, they were a very martial sort. So much that every last one of them was taught to use a plasma sword.
PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 04:39 AM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

")t is a pleasure making your acquaintance, Dia." Lux bowed her head to properly greet the woman that was going to take her to fulfill her mission.

Being highly emphatic and having some life experience with all social spectrum of the Galaxy, Lux could feel that Dia was considering that her offer was too good to be true. There could be dangers, but that could be said the same about any journey. There were always something unforeseen.

"Yavin 7 is my destination. There is a group of settlers there that I need to meet." Lux replied with her usual straightforward way, when someone asked her a direct question. "I'm paying such sum , as I am already very behind schedule and it always seemed that credits are a good motivation for anyone merchant." The white-haired woman added with the same honesty.

"When can we leave?" Lux asked and smiled.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 07:12 AM
Group Icon

"Yavin 7? I've been there, once. A quiet, forest-covered planet. Yet there's something ... deeply unsettling there."

Dia shared a glimpse at her experience with the planet. She had to deliver supplies for a pirate base there once. Though it was a while ago, and there was no base there any longer. For all she knew, the planet was abandoned. The Twi'lek did not know there were any settlers on that moon. The fact that a Jedi wanted to meet them was ... interesting.

But the Jedi's answer was frank and honest enough. Dia sensed no deception. And an extra fee for urgency was more than welcomed on her part. Finally convinced, the smuggler girl took the datapad and entered the ID code to one of her bank accounts to transfer the sum to. So... another trip to Yavin. So shall it be. When Lux asked when they could leave, the Twi'lek turned around and called out to the brigadier.

"Hey James! When will your boys finish loading cargo? - she yelled, loud enough to be heard.

"Ten to fifteen minutes! Not more!" - the answer came briefly from behind one of the crates. Dia smiled, and turned back to face her wealthy customer.

"We can depart in ten to fifteen minutes. You can use that time to go get your luggage. Or I could show you around my ship." - the twi'lek offered, like a good host.
PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 04:08 PM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

The Twi'lek, briefly spoke about Yavin 7. The small moon, was exactly like what the ship owner had stated. Also, it seemed that not many were aware that there were settlers on the it.

When Dia got her datapad, the women were able to proceed to business, with Lux transferring the money to Dia account. Something that only took instants, but allowed Lux to finally relax and sight in relief.. .finally moving off the planet.

Dia then asked the brigadier that was loading her ship. Her question was loud enough for Lux to hear it too as well was the male reply. As Dia turned again her attention on her, Lux smiled and nodded her head to the Twi'lek.

"Oh I am more than ready. I'm only going to take this backpack and this two pouches." Lux said admiringly, that every day for the past two weeks, she has always been ready to get on board the first ship willing to take her to Yavin 7.

"So...how long have you been a merchant?" The Jedi asked with a bit of curiosity. There weren't many trade ship females, especially after the Mandalorian Wars.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 09:33 PM
Group Icon

"Traveling light huh? Alright. Welcome aboard."

The twi'lek pulled out the control remote and opened the entry bay to her ship. The doors slid open with a hiss, before a panel was lowered to allow the two females to walk inside of the ship. Giving her passenger a nod, Dia walked inside, leading the way. She figured to show the Jedi her quarters, during the brief wait, while the workers pushed more carts into the cargo bay.

The first thing her unlikely passenger could notice about the ship is that it was old. The freighter model was quite common in the galaxy, but this one seemed to be one of the earlier models. Despite the old look, however, the inside of the ship was unlike what some would expect upon a smuggler ship. It was... neat, and tidy. Nothing was out of place, every loose wire brought back into the bundle and wrapped in duct tape, and the floor looked like it had been washed. Everything looked like it was outfitted by a meticulous, diligent hand.

Dia kept tidy for several reasons. The first reason was to make a good impression whenever her ship was boarded by patrols for cargo inspection. A sense of someone's order confused people far more than chaotic messes did. It didn't fit into a smuggler's profile. The second reason was ... Dia was used to order. And remembered how harshly punished she was for things out of place. It became almost a reflex. The rooms in the ship were small and the ceilings were low, there was not much space to go around.

The Twi'lek walked her guest towards a room to the left, where there were two bunks, covered with colorful sheets. One bunk was above, and one - below. Dia tapped on the one below with a hand.

"This bunk is yours. Mine's the one above. Ship's a bit too small for separate quarters. Unless you'd prefer the cargo hold." - she chuckled, a smile appearing on her face. Today was a good day - she was already paid, the boring flight to the food market was postponed, and she had company for a few days. Things were a bit lonely during these hyperspace travels...

"Traveling to Yavin 7 will take a day, maybe two at max. I will plot a course to avoid any troublesome territories. Pirate activity's been on the rise in that sector." - she said, letting her eyes wander and scan over the interesting Jedi that did not look like a Jedi at all. Too ... flashy, her outfit was. But who was she to complain?

"What's up with those settlers you mentioned before? Are they in danger?" - the Twi'lek tried fishing more info out of her customer. Something must have been going on in there, for the Order to send one of their own. Jedi weren't sent out for nothing~
PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 05:01 PM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

Lux smiled at Dia welcoming her to the ship. One thing that the Jedi noticed was how impeccable and flawless the ship was. One could believe she was on a Jedi ship and not on a civilian trader ship.

This type of order was one of the types that Lux actually liked, even to the odd Jedi, there were somethings, where the woman enjoyed order and organization...and spotless cleaned things or places.

As Dia kept guiding Lux throughout the ship, Lux gave the Twi'lek a few nods and pleased smiles. When they reached the quarters and Dia mentioned that the quarters were small and that they would share bunks, Lux finally spoke. "Oh this is perfect by me. I've slept in far worse quarters, so this ones are great." Lux then placed her backpack on the bub that would be hers for the journey. Listening attentively to Dia, as she mentioned the duration of the journey and how the sector was getting dangerous due to pirate raids, the woman simply nodded her head. The Order, had been receiving the same news.

Dia then questioned about the settlers and if they were in danger of sorts. The Jedi, nodded her head as she spoke again. "We are all in danger, while the Sith are still around." Lux said in the first time in a very serious face. She couldn't tell Dia that the settlers were also Force-Sensitives and that she was there to organize a treaty with them and the Jedi Order. That information could place the woman in peril, if the Sith would gather that she was aware of something like that. "Before the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi order has sent a group of scientist's, workers and Jedi here. With the War, the Order lost contact with them, but recently we got a transmission from them, so I need to check on them and make my report to the Order." Lux added and was rather honest. This way she didn't lied to Dia, she simply didn't told the all ordeal.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 09:14 PM
Group Icon

The little tour around the ship was soon over - the ship was not that big.

The cargo was loaded into the cryo-chambers, where it would remain nice and fresh for the markets, where Dia planned to go after ferrying the Jedi to Yavin 7 and back. Having left the baggage in the sleeping quarters, the two came to the cockpit, with Dia quickly strapping herself into the pilot's chair and offering the Jedi to take the second seat, at least for the take-off, to not be carried away by the initial burst of speed.

"Sounds easy enough. Though if you'd want to ferry the Jedi and researchers, you might wanna ask someone with the bigger ship. Unless they don't mind being cramped up in the cargo hold for a day or two." - the Twi'lek shrugged, pressing the controls to shut the doors and starting preparation launch sequences. What were the Jedi researchers doing on that moon? Looking for some artifacts or history? The monks seemed to be pretty big on all that. They enjoyed trinkets that had "mystic energy" in them. She wasn't very knowledgeable in all that mumbo-jumbo. But when the Jedi mentioned the Sith, she smirked. Can't have a day without the paragons of the galaxy mentioning their sworn enemies, huh?

"I'm sure that once you guys destroy all the living Siths, there'll be a guy or a girl among you who'd decide being the next Dark Lord's a good idea... Uhh... no offense."

Dia shrugged, realizing that it was not the best joke. Her words were how most of the Galaxy saw the Jedi right now. Funny how all of their good deeds were swept away by one bad one. Or two. Both being galactic wars. Yeah.
PM
^
Lux Dawnstar
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 07:05 PM
The White Lady
Jedi Order
Group Icon

Once she made sure the backpack wouldn't fall and tumble, once the ship was on the move, Lux followed Dia to the flight deck. Noticing the gesture the woman gave her, Lux smiled and nodded her head, as she took the seat and strapped on the belt around her. The ship then took off and Lux sighted in relief, as she was now heading her way.

The white haired woman tilted her head, as Dia spoke."I don't think that will happen. My mission is to acquire data about their status and if for some reason they need to leave, I'll contact the Order and they will provide the ships to come and take them back." Lux replied once more with honesty.

Dia seemed to possess a good insight about the Jedi and Sith when she mentioned about Jedi becoming Sith's. "Unfortunately, I believe your words are the utmost truth. The Sith were originally Jedi's, that for one reason or another turned their back to Ashla and Bendu and fell in Bogan lure." She said, only noticing that she spoke about the Force using the very ancient names, that the original Force-Users Order had given to it. Lux believe in Bendu, or the Balance more deeply, but then again, she was the "odd Jedi".

"It is not common to see a female leading a ship like you. How is it? Do you face some sort of discrimination, because of it Lux asked with genuine curiosity. To the Albino Zeltron, women were as capable as their male peers and gender discrimination was pure nonsense and ignorance.
PM
^
Dia Sienn
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 09:43 PM
Group Icon

"Ashla and Bendu... Riiiight. That explains a lot."

To Dia, the ways of Jedi and Sith remained strange and cunning... But mostly strange. Her knowledge of the two Orders did not go beyond popular knowledge... And the fact that Revan and Malak - the two recent Sith lords that plunged the Galaxy into war, were once Jedi. Which begged the question - if the Force had so much potential for destruction, would it not be better to leave it dormant? Rather than practicing it for war. But those thoughts the Twi'lek left for herself.

The ship lifted off the surface and pierced the skyline, on its journey into space. Once they left the planet's atmosphere, the Twi'lek began pressing buttons, to set up the hyperspace course. Once all the correct numbers were introduced, she pulled on a lever, and the machine jolted forward, as stars blurred into lines, and the machine propelled forward at speeds faster than light itself. Dia let out a sigh, and brushed a hand over her forehead, once the sequence was completed. It was always the start of the hyperspace jump when she felt most nervous.

Now that they were in pseudo-static environment, it was possible to take the belts off, which Dia did and turned her chair sideways to face the Jedi girl. Resting one leg on the other, and both hands over her knee. It was a curious thing how the Jedi kept pressing the subject of discrimination. Was being a female starship captain really that rare? Dia shrugged at the question, and brought her hands to the back of her head, and arched her back a bit.

"No, never noticed. I think I faced more that has to do with being a Twi'lek. You know... with every second bar dancer and prostitute being one. People think we're weak, malleable. They're not completely wrong though..." - Dia said a bit distantly, turning her head to look at the monitors, for a bit.

"It wouldn't have been this way if we were stronger."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Our Button

Static
Scrolling